Crostini literally means “little toasts” in Italian and they are Italian appetizers or tapas consisting of flavorful toppings. Crostini are usually made from Italian baguette, sliced about 1/2 thick and quickly toasted or grilled.
Crostini are thinner, smaller slices of bread (usually from a baguette) that are always toasted then piled with various toppings, such as vegetables, savory spreads, and cheeses.
Here are quick recipes for making Italian crostini and other delicious tapas with our black olive spread!
Chef Libero Black Olive Spread is undeniably delicious, and so multitalented! The robust and yet simple combination of Tuscan black olives, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and sea salt make for a delicious spread we love serving at our communal tables at Saraceni Restaurants. The possibilities are endless. Here are some ways to work this tasty olive tapenade into your daily eats:
- Make olive aioli by mixing into mayonnaise. Try it on your bacon fried mozzarella stick.
- Thin it out with EVOO and use it as a flavorful dipping oil for bread.
- Add a small amount to avocado toast with red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Mix into butter and rub on corn before grilling.
- Add dollops to a homemade pizza with artichokes, eggplant, and roasted red peppers.
- Simply on its own on top of crostini as a party appetizer.
- Enjoy with pita chips, carrots or cucumber slices.
- Drizzle over Caprese salad.
- Mix with cream cheese for a revamped bagel brunch.
- Add to spicy tomato sauce on top of baguette. Crostino "puttanesca" done easy.